Have you considered having a Sozo session by Skype / Zoom / Facetime etc.
Interest in Sozo sessions online has grown significantly recently and many church teams have been doing these for some time and received very positive feedback.
Sozo sessions online bring some new things to consider in order to preserve the effectiveness of receiving a Sozo. We ask that online sozo sessions be conducted in accordance with the following guidelines;
- Please continue to use the normal paperwork, but obviously electronically.
- During a Sozo session, the guest needs to be in a private place where they cannot be overheard and will not be interrupted. This will include things like phone switched off, no pets in the room and that someone is looking after any children. We ask that the Sozo session not take place until that can be arranged.
- If the internet connection is unstable this can create frustration as well as making it difficult to get continuity. It will be apparent early on in the session if poor internet is adversely affecting the session. If it is, please understand that it will be best to reschedule for a better time or place or arrange a face to face session.
- Having a “Second” on the session continues to be a core value and most Apps make this possible.
Using “chat” in Zoom.
Some teams use the Zoom chat facility for the Second and the First to share notes about their thoughts during the Sozo.
While it may appear that they can chat “privately”, please be aware that it is possible for any participant to “save” the chat and see everything.
This can be unhelpful, for example if the second is new and suggests / shares something that is not right or expresses it poorly.
Such things can cause the client / guest unwarranted concern.
Accordingly, we recommend that the First & Second avoid using the Zoom chat feature. Sending a text to / from another device is recommended.
We recommend that the host allows all participants to see each other. This will alleviate any concern that there might be others on the call.
By all means ask your existing Sozo team contacts or contact one of the following list of people who are known to be offering Sozo sessions on-line
- Christine West
- Kingdom Life, Norwich
- Book a Sozo
- Sheila Burton
- Lighthouse Family Church, Nr Poole
- Lisa Wickham
- New Life Church, Tunbridge Wells
- Clare Suffield
- Winchester Vineyard
- Lori Arnott-Lawlor
- Harvest Church, Birmingham
- Helen Balfour
- Christchurch, Peckham, London
- Lynn & Alan Harris
- Jubilee Church, Croydon
- Book a Sozo
- Tania McNeil
- North Birmingham Vineyard
- Book a Sozo
- Ann Wolf
- Birmingham Vineyard
- Liz Gregg
- Celebrate Church, Bradford
- Book in
- Priscilla Smith
- St. John the Baptist, Healaugh, North Yorkshire
- Donna King
- Eastgate Church, Gravesend
- Jacqui Johnson
- Kingdom Life Church, Northampton
- Michelle Foster
- St. Philip’s Christchurch Stannington
- Anita Churchward
- Southend Christian Fellowship
- Irvin & Sue Allen
- Kings Way, Sale
We pray the favour of Heaven for you as you deepen your freedom and connection with your Heavenly Father, Jesus & Holy Spirit